Aberporth Beach Cardigan BayPhoto Aberporth Beach Cardigan Bay- Janet Baxter
The village of Aberporth bustles with activity in the summer. It boasts two sandy sheltered beaches with rock pools exposed at low tide. There is a small car park above the south section of the beach. Further parking can be found in the village. Swimming is considered safe here and during the school holidays - from mid-July to the end of August - Ceredigion's Beach Officer Lifeguard Service normally establishes patrolled bathing areas daily. You can enjoy circular walks from Aberporth, a short coast walk from Aberporth to Tresaith, and other walks along Ceredigion's Heritage Coast. It is possible to walk north along the coastal path to the nearby village of Tresaith.
Facilities at Aberporth
|Awards||European Blue Flag||Bathing||Yes|
|Type of Beach||2 Sandy Beaches||Café||Yes|
|Car Park||Yes||Sea Angling||Yes|
|Toilet||Yes||Dogs||Yes & No*|
One Blue Flag Beach and one to enjoy with your dog.
* Dogs are prohibited from sections of certain beaches between 1st May and 30th September under the local byelaw. The restrictions do not apply to a guide dog accompanying a registered blind person.
Where to stay near Aberporth
- Penffynnon Holiday Properties Self Catering
- Clyn Glas Holiday Cottages Self Catering
- Craig y Nos Guest House B&B
- Aberporth Holiday Homes Self Catering
- Penlan Coastal Cottages Self Catering
- Cardigan Bay Holiday Cottage Self Catering
- Penwern Fach Holiday Cottages Self Catering
- Holiday by the Sea Self Catering
- Gorslwyd Farm Cottages Self Catering
- Parc Newydd Fach Self Catering